Background

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Meal Plan

I generally plan out our meals a few weeks ahead to save time in thinking about what to make and trips to the grocery store. My cousin Misty posted her menu plan for January, which has inspired me to do the same.

Jan 4th - Turkey noodle soup
Jan 5th - Sweet and sour chicken
Jan 6th - Grilled chicken on salad with fixin's
Jan 7th - Burbon salmon, sweet potatoes, green beans
Jan 8th - Stuffed turkey burgers, chips, salad
Jan 9th - April's kitchen is closed for Saturday night!!
Jan 10th - Steak, baked potatoes, salad
Jan 11th - Grilled chicken on salad with fixin's
Jan 12th - Grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes
Jan 13th - April's kitchen is closed because the cook is out of town
Jan 14th - Chili
Jan 15th - Tacos
Jan 16th - April's kitchen is closed for Saturday night!!

Breakfast is generally cereal or bagels and fruit or yogurt.

Lunch will mostly be PB&J and Slimfast (because Mark is at school over lunch most days) or frozen pizza or something equally quick.

And that makes grocery shopping so much easier. Today I did my major shopping of all pantry items and meat. Now all I will need to run into the store for is milk and produce (oh, oh, oh, I found a new fruit stand today with awesome prices and it is super close to the house!).

No comments: