Background

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Grocery Store Savings

I am so excited about my most recent trip to Publix! I am trying to be more aware of how much we are spending on food, where the best place is to get certain items, and weekly sales. This will be more important when we have more mouths to feed, but I figure now is a good time to get in the habit!

So, that trip to the store...first, I bought most of my groceries at Super Wal-mart, but I prefer to buy meat from Publix. Also, Publix always has buy one, get one sales that can make it "cheaper than Wal-mart" (it's a Mexico joke).

I bought:
Strawberries
Dessert shells
Ice cream
Sweet tea
Shoulder roast
Deli ham
Boneless pork chops
Green beans - 4 pack of cans
Corn - 4 pack of cans

I spent: $26.54

I saved: $15.97 (38%)

Everything was on sale! And I am going to be sure to look at the sales again tomorrow!!

No comments: