Background

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bennett Chili

Our menu for this month had chili planned for a dinner. Mostly because it actually felt winterish here for a few weeks during which time I made the menu. The problem was, I didn't have a good chili recipe. I have tried a few here and there...including a white chili...but nothing really stuck with me.

So, I decided to see what would happen if I just put a bunch of chili-like ingredients we had about into a pot and cooked them up. Success! Husband said it was the best chili he ever ate!

Here is the recipe, which I wrote as I went, so it isn't super exact on measurements (think Rachel Ray)...

1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 bottles of water (yes, this is lazy, but it was sitting right there!)
1/2 pound sage flavored sausage, browned
1/2 pound ground turkey meant, browned
2 chipotle peppers with a teaspoon of adobo sauce (these are HOT, adjust as needed)
2 cans kidney beans in red sauce
2 can fire roasted tomatoes
1/2 jar medium salsa
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon of salt
tiny dash of chili powder

Boil onions in water while browning meat. Add meat to onions and water. Add everything else. Turn down to a simmer. Go vacuum the house. Simmer for 25-30 minutes. Eat!

No comments: