Background

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Personalized Journal

I love making my own personalized journals. It is a very easy and inexpensive craft....two of my general crafting requirements!

I have made a few of these over the past year...

For my 2010 "Word of the Year"

For my "Baby Prayers" journal..where I write down my hopes, dreams, and prayers

And, most recently, a place to write down all my thoughts as I am reading each month's book club selection


For the last one, I also did a tutorial for my book club members and thought all the readers here would like it...so here it is from me to you!

Now for the super easy "how to":

First, you need supplies:


  • Composition notebook
  • Something to cut with
  • Adhesive - I recommend spray adhesive because it will keep the paper from curling up and gets right to the edges.
  • Colored paper
  • Embellishments of your choosing - I printed my from the Internet images because there are not many infertility related scrap booking stickers and such ;)


Next, cut the paper to the size of the journal:



(I generally leave the black binding showing, but that is just my own preference)


Now, glue the paper to the notebook (I highly recommend putting down paper if you are using spray adhesive):


Last step is to add the embellishments with the same adhesive as above:


(Sorry there is no picture of them actually being attached, I didn't have enough hands)

And there you have it, a book club journal:


What kind of journal will you make?

(If any part of this didn't make sense, please leave a comment and I will try to answer any questions)

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love your other journals, April! You weren't kidding when you said you loved making your own. :o)

I'm glad we're friends. <3

April Bennett said...

Me too, Kim!!