Background

Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall Decorations

I love fall, it is a wonderful season that always reminds me of warm sweaters, hot cocoa, and a good book. Of course, I live in south Florida so fall is not quite as I think it should be.

One of the ways I make sure I get that "fall feeling" is to decorate our home. This is pretty easy because fall decorations are everywhere starting in mid-August. Quick tip: Walgreen's has great fall decor items (by "great" I mean cute, cute, cute and cheap!) Anyway, I like to decorate for fall, not so much for Halloween, but for the entire season from back to school to Thanksgiving.

This year I was feeling inspired by the Thrifty Decor Chick to make something for Fall. Normally, I am a "buyer" not a "maker", so this is mixing it up a little for me.

I went to Michael's and bought a basket, some stems of fall flowers and berries, and a foam florist thingy (all this was about $16.00). I had a baby (child?) size pumpkin at home from Husband.

I came home and stuffed the foam in the bottom of the basket. I placed the pumpkin in the middle (must make sure the foam and the pumpkin fit together right...may require cutting the foam). I snipped all the stems apart so I had a lot of "filler" to work with. Then I "fluffed"! And it turned out so cute I just had to share it with all of you.



How do you decorate for the fall?

No comments: